Whenever I end any of my community talks or converse with eager people about the zero waste or plastic free lifestyle, I always encourage those with internet connections to join online groups. Usually, I point them towards Facebook for location based groups specific to their city, town, or state.
While blogs, books and online articles are helpful tools, conversing with people in your own suburb or town on ways to begin a low waste lifestyle can provide confidence to those looking for solutions locally but not finding many via google searches.
These online groups are thriving hubs for people that;
- Want to reduce their waste
- Need answers to questions relating to their suburb, town, city and state
- A place to share frustrations of an over packaged plastic item
- Sharing new bulk stores or a butcher, baker and all the other businesses in-between that allow customers to shop with their own containers
- Troubleshooting zero waste questions with a group
- Sharing real life experiences
- Want to help others
- Share ideas, tips and tricks
Below is a list of links to Australian zero waste online communities:
- Zero Waste Families (Zero Waste Families is not location specific. I thought i'd add it, as it's Australian based.)
If you know of other Australian zero waste online communities, let me know. I’d love to add them to the list. I encourage you to share this post too. Creating communities like this, is one of the many ways we can support the growth of the zero waste and plastic free movements here in Australia.